HOW TO BUILD A CHARITYSMITH MEMORIAL FUND
At CHARITYSMITH we believe the creation of a memorial fund is a beautiful way to honor a loved-one who is no longer with us. As such, we strive to partner with each fund administers to make the creation of a memorial fund as simple, quick and easy as possible. Our goal is to build the lasting memorial endeavor you envision. Please see below for the steps of starting a memorial fund through CHARITYSMITH or click here for answers to our frequently asked questions.
- Complete the Build a Fund Worksheet – This provides CHARITYSMITH with all of the basic info we need to get started on the fund. Please find the link to the worksheet at the bottom of the page.
- Review the contract and start-up forms -- CHARITYSMITH mails you the contract and start-up packet that gives you all the details regarding the operation of our foundation and everything you need to manage the memorial fund.
- Build a personalized webpage -- CHARITYSMITH will create, maintain, and host the website for the memorial fund. All you have to do is send in a description, digital pictures, and anything else that you would like posted... video, music, etc. For examples, see www.emilyjohnsonplayitforward.org or www.lifeisamiracle.org.
- Set up a Wells Fargo Bank Account -- We build our funds through Wells Fargo Bank. A specific savings account is established for a given memorial fund and you (or the established fund advisers) will have online access at www.wellsfargo.com to view the account. You will also receive monthly donation reports from CHARITYSMITH specifying who has donated.
- The memorial fund is started -- Donations can be made online via Paypal and Google Checkout, by mail, or by credit card over the phone. All donations to the memorial fund are tax deductible in accordance with IRS tax law.
- CHARITYSMITH's role -- CHARITYSMITH manages all administrative duties of the fund: filing tax returns, issuing receipts to donors, accounting, updating the website, issuing distribution checks, etc.
- Fund Administrators role -- As the founder of the memorial fund for your loved one, you and those you wish to invite to serve with you, will become Fund Administrators. As such, the opportunity to perform fundraisers, assign scholarships, and coordinate the functions of the memorial fund will be yours.
Get started by completing the Build a Fund Worksheet. For more information please email email@example.com or call 800-276-6546.